Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gonna strangle my birds..(first post!)

My birds are driving me insane.I would almost rather hear them screaming than making the noise they are making now.See, several times a year, when they are feeling amorous toward each other, they sit at the bottom of the cage with their heads together and make these noises that sound exactly like fingernails down a chalkboard.It's loud, and its constant,like once every 5--10 seconds.Then, the next day, I find a cold egg at the bottom of the cage, which I quickly toss.Years ago I saved them, and I would blow out the contents by poking a hole at either end of the egg, so I have a little bowl actually filled with wee parrot eggs.
I toss the egg because A) the last things I need are baby parrots to look after, and B) my birds are two different species,(not "breeds"), which would result in a hybrid,and I don't believe in hybridizing parrots.But they are such closely related species it's easy for them to think they are mated pair,and oh, how they love to do the things a mated pair does.(rolls eyes)

No comments: