Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pre-Ops.

Good Lord.

Had an 11:00 appointment at the doctor's office to go over the procedure.I've always had a female gynecologist, but the one who will be performing the surgery is a little Chinese fellow, who I have to admit I like quite a lot.It's just going to be very odd,as no other guy, doctor or date or otherwise, has ever..uh...been in on the business end besides Steve.This is very weird for me.

Then I had a noon appointment at the hospital to get everything in order--consent forms,pre-op instruction,blood tests,and paperwork,paperwork,paperwork.But, to be fair, I didn't have to sit and wait for anything, everything was running fast and smoothly. Met with my nurse,and the aneshesiologist,etc.Everyone is so friendly and efficient.I think the bizarre thing is,when I had surgery once or twice as a kid,of course my parents filled out all the forms and took me here and there and told me what to do and not do and put me in this room and I just did what the doctors said and it was all fine and dandy.This is the first time I've had to do all this consenting and scheduling and everything all by myself.Jesus.Two hours worth of getting labelled, registered,stamped, drilled and UPC-coded,LOL.

E-Day is tomorrow,I'll go into surgery at 9.Yikes!

No comments: